Here are some tips for outfits and accessories that will make your engagement session preparation a little more manageable!
- Schedule your hair and makeup trial for your engagement session. There is no better time to see how it will photograph before your wedding day.
- Don't try to match, try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead.
- Most patterns are okay. However, graphics are not favorable for portraits.
- Empty your pockets! Literally. You don't want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets.
- Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then an outfit that is dressier. This will give your shoot two totally different looks.
- Make sure you're comfortable with what you're wearing. And ladies, if the top is super low cut, that will limit the number of angles I can shoot from.
- Be on time! The sun is only out for so long. The later you arrive the less time we have to shoot.
- Clean the ring. I love to shoot a few ring shots while you change outfits.
- Relax! You don't have to be a pro at this! I am going to help you along the way and it's going to be a blast! Enjoy this time together and make a date of it. Plan dinner afterward to celebrate.
Below I have created Pinterest boards for a visual reference while shopping!